Application Requirements & Program Criteria
We appreciate your interest in the Emergency Medicine Residency. Our Program is a participant in the NRMP Match and accepts applications through ERAS only. NRMP registration for the 2018 Match opens in September 15th, 2017.
Below are the requirements for the application/admission process:
- Curriculum Vitae, including but not limited to:
- Language Fluency
- Hobbies and Interests
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Preferably at least 1 from an Emergency Medicine Physician)
- Personal Statement
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt; COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores
Applicants must meet ALL of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment. For additional details about eligibility, please view our Eligibility Policy .
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria and be eligible either for Florida Board of Medicine intern/resident/fellow registration (training license) or a Florida unrestricted license at the time of matriculation.
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and meeting one of the following additional qualifications: (1) Holds a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) OR (2) Holds a full unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in which they are training OR (3) Graduate of medical school outside U.S. who has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
If a resident transfers from a residency program at another institution, written verification of the previous educational experiences and a statement regarding the resident’s satisfactory performance evaluation must be received prior to acceptance into a UCF/North FLorida residency program.
All newly-appointed residents must complete an employment physical examination, show proof of immunization, comply with UCF COM requirements, and are subject to drug testing.
United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) or National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners COMLEX-USA Examinations
All residents accepted or continuing in a program must have earned passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) by the second attempt. COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
Florida Medical License
All residents accepted into a Program must complete Florida Board of Medicine intern/resident/fellow registration within the requested time frame (must be renewed every 2 years) or obtain a Florida unrestricted license.