Application Requirements & Program Criteria
Our Family Medicine Residency Program is a participant in the NFMP Match and accepts applications through ERAS. NRMP registration for the 2020 Match opens September 15, 2019.
Our application deadline is November 15, 2019.
The following items are required for all applicants:
- Official Transcript(s)
- Three letters of recommendation (Preferably, one letter being from a Family Physician)
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS).
- Passing scores on both Step 2 CS and Step 2 CK must be received by the program before the NRMP rank list deadline.
- SPECIAL NOTE FOR OSTEOPATHIC GRADUATES: COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores
- Medical School Graduation within past 12 months. Special consideration will be granted for applicants having graduated within past 18 months, if applicant has strong research experience
- International Medical Graduates (IMGs) need proof of the following:
- Valid ECFMG certification at time of rank list deadline
- Clinical experience in the US
- Ability to speak and write in English
We do not sponsor or accept visas.
Regarding the cancellations of candidacy interviews: Our program does not invite more candidates than we have placement for interviews. An interview cancellation is deemed unacceptable less than two weeks prior to your interview date. Out of respect for our staff and the work they do to prepare for your visit and to other candidates wishing to apply to our program, please contact us no later than two weeks prior to your scheduled interview date if you need to cancel your interview.