Application Requirements & Program Criteria
We appreciate your interest in the HCA Internal Medicine GME Program. We are listed on ERAS and are accepting applications for July 1, 2017 residents. Below are the criteria required to be considered for admission to our program.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean’s Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Research publications (highly preferred)
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) on first attempt, and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS)
International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
If you are an International Medical Graduate, you will need to provide the following information/documentation to be considered for admission.
- Valid ECFMG certification at the time of application
- Permanent resident status or J1 Visa
- Clinical experience in the U.S. (hands-on experience preferred)
Regarding the cancellations of candidacy interviews: Our program does not invite more candidates than we have placement for interviews. An interview cancellation is deemed unacceptable less than two weeks prior to your interview date. Out of respect for our staff and the work they do to prepare for your visit and to other candidates wishing to apply to our program, please contact us no later than two weeks prior to your scheduled interview date if you need to cancel your interview.