- Ability to carry out the duties as required by the internal medicine residency program.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Meet one of the following qualifications:
- Graduate of a medical school in the US or Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), or
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the US or Canada accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Eligible for temporary resident licensure in the state of Florida. Eligibility requirements are listed here.
- Medical school graduation within two years of potential start date.
Yes, residents have access to an educational stipend for approved educational expenses. Residents receive a stipend budget of $3,000 per academic year (July 1st to June 30th).
Examples of allowable educational costs include scientific meetings, journal subscriptions, professional dues, books, and computer software in accordance with UCF/HCA GME Consortium policy governing physician educational funds.