Application Requirements & Program Criteria
We appreciate your interest in the HCA Psychiatry GME Program. Our program is a participant in the NRMP Match and accepts applications through ERAS. NRMP registration for the Match opens in mid-September.
Below are the requirements for the application/admission process:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (preferably with at least 1 letter being from a Psychiatrist)
Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt, preferably on first attempt
In order to be eligible for ranking, passing scores on both Step 2 CS and Step 2 CK must be received by the program before the NRMP rank list deadline. If already graduated from medical school, a passing score on Step 3 is also required.
The same criteria listed above applies. COMLEX scores will be accepted in place of USMLE scores.
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) also need proof of the following:
- Valid ECFMG certification at time of application
- Permanent resident status or J1 visa. Our program does not sponsor visas.
- Clinical experience in the U.S. (hands-on experience preferred)
- Command of the English language